Re: [Xen-devel] iommu=dom0-passthrough behavior

>>> On 16.11.12 at 07:21, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay.  Back to your customer's issue, I don't think we have a clean solution
> if the device can't be detected by hypervisor.   We only can figure out how
> to workaround this issue through a new command line option.

So after I implemented a draft patch for this yesterday, my
attention now was directed to phantom functions permitted by
the PCIe spec (of which I was entirely unaware so far). While
Linux to date doesn't enable them, I can't exclude that the BIOS
might be (requested respective data to find out). And even if it
doesn't, adding proper support for that functionality, and then
putting a quirk on top of that would seem the much cleaner
solution (pretty likely me_wifi_quirk() could then also be made
fit in there).

Thoughts?

Jan