Re: [Xen-devel] #599161: Xen debug patch for the "clock shifts by 50 minutes" bug.

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 17:40 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> >> (below is the complete xm dmesg output)
> >>
> >> did that help you ? do you need more info ?
> >
> > I'll leave this to Keir (who wrote the debugging patch) to answer but it
> > looks to me like it should be useful!
>
> I'm scratching my head. plt_wrap is earlier than plt_now, which should be
> impossible.

impossible due to guarantees made by the h/w or by construction in Xen.
There appears to be a certain amount of hardware-specificness to the
issue -- so I'm wondering if maybe there are some platforms whose tsc is
not as monotonically increasing as it needs to be...

>  plt_stamp64 oddly has low 32 bits identical to new_stamp. That
> seems very very improbable!

Does this code run on all cpus or just one? Is it always the same one?