Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed new "memory capacity claim" hypercall/feature

On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 14:54 +0000, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> [...]

I guess I don't see how your proposed claim hypercall is useful if you
can't decide which machine you should call it on, whether it's 10s, 100s
or 1000s of hosts. Surely you aren't suggesting that the toolstack try
it on all (or even a subset) of them and see which sticks?

By ignoring this part of the problem I think you are ignoring one of the
most important bits of the story, without which it is very hard to make
a useful and informed determination about the validity of the use cases
you are describing for the new call.