Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0, xl toolstack cant launch older domUs

2012/10/3 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 12:44 +0100, Valtteri Kiviniemi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, well lets do it thisway. Hopefully I got this right this time.

You did, thanks. (aside, can you not top-post please)

A bit of a shot in the dark but what is the address size (i.e. 64 bit or
32 bit) for each of your hypervisor, dom0 and domU kernels?

Does this change anything:
        xl cr -p lightning.cfg
        xenstore-write /local/domain/$(xl domid lightning)/device/vbd/51713/protocol x86_32-abi
        xl unpause lightning

(this assumes the domains cfg is lightning.cfg and name is lightning)

Ian.

Hi,

Sorry for the top posting, I'm at work at the moment and using different mail client which is is configured for top posting and I was too lazy to change it.

But that did do the trick, the domU is now fillu booting and working!

- Valtteri

Hi,

dom0 is 64bit, hypervisor is 64bit and that domU (lightning) is 32bit.

- Valtteri

Hi,

I have now made a startup script that starts the domU first by pausing it, then writes that thingy in xenstore and then unpauses it. Its working now fine. I assume that this is some kind of bug that will be fixed on later Xen versions, or is this caused by something in my end? Do I have to do something else to get the domU to startup normally?

- Valtteri