Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.4, kernel 3.5.0 HVM crash and kernel BUG

Hi,

Yes, I understood for what the parameters were for. I'ts been a long time since I last had major problems with Xen (maybe 3.1 or something, been using Xen since version 2) and I had a shady recollection that Xen was required to be build debugging enabled in order to get any usable debugging data.

But anyway, I cant reproduce that kernel crash everytime, it just happens sometimes. Major problem is the black screen on VNC and second problem seems to be that everytime i try to run Linux in HVM mode it somehow breaks the hotplug scripts.

- Valtteri

2012/10/2 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 05:37:08PM +0300, Valtteri Kiviniemi wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    Tried boogin with vif-parameters commented out, result is the same:
>
>    Error: Device 768 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
>    working.
>
>    But what is more troubling with these issues I'm having is the fact that
>    this "hotpluf scripts not working" came out of nowhere. I was able to boot
>    my Windows domU just fine earlier with only problem being that the VNC
>    output was just black screen after Windows installer had started. Then I
>    tried to create a Linux HVM (debian squeeze) and then I got that "Hotplug
>    scripts not working" error. And after trying to start Windows domU again
>    it says that same "Hotplug scripts not working" error.
>
>    If I reboot the machine and start my Windows domU it will start again just
>    fine, but the VNC output is just black screen. Then again, if I start the
>    Linux HVM domU I will again get that "Hotplug scripts not working" error
>    and then the Windows domU wont start either again and tells the same
>    "Hotplug scripts not working" error.
>
>    So this is pretty confusing and troubling indeed.
>
>    I will reboot the machine later and put those boot parameters that Pasi
>    mentioned.

My parameters were meant for the case where your server crashes,
to be able to get a proper boot and crash logs to analyze it.

-- Pasi