Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 crashes while domain_pause in NPF handler

Hi,

At 05:25 +0000 on 18 Sep (1347945907), Ding, ShengGe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I checked the domain_id again and I'm sure the paused domain is domU.
> But the crashing seems like dom0 is paused, then whole system is killed and
> reboots.
>
> In Nested page fault handler, hypervisor get the VCPU via current macro and
> this VCPU is bound to domU(the domain_id is so).
> I'm really confused, how does dom0 crash if I pause domU here? Maybe this is
> a logic issue of hypervisor, the same codes could run well in old version.

You haven't given enough information to understand what's gone wrong.

What do you mean my 'dom0 crashes'?  Can you post a log of the serial
console of the machine showing the actual crash?

What changes have you made to Xen?  If your patches are very small,
maybe you could post them; if not, at least a description of what you've
done would be a good idea.

Calling domain_pause() on domU from inside a domU fault handler is
probably unsafe -- if two vcpus take the fault at the same time they
might deadlock.

Tim.