Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Switching to git for primary Xen repositories

On 09/27/12 15:09, Keir Fraser wrote:

> That would be fine by me!

For the vote to have a base for a better decision:
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/GitConcepts#Command_equivalence_table

Christoph

>  -- Keir
>
> On 27/09/2012 13:00, "Lars Kurth" <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>> I am wondering whether it wouldn't be better to have a vote about this. At
>> least in this case, nobody will be able to complain in the future.
>> Regards
>> Lars
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> The Xen project has used mercurial for the primary repositories for many
>>> years. However, with external projects (including Linux and qemu) using git,
>>> this has led to us using and supporting two revision-control systems. Our
>>> plan therefore, with the 4.2.0 release soon out of the way, is to switch to
>>> git for all of our primary repositories. We will plan to mirror development
>>> activity into the old mercurial repositories at least in the short term.
>>>
>>> We will make a further announcement nearer to the time of the switchover.
>>>
>>>  Regards,
>>>  Keir & The Xen Team

---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85689 Dornach b. Muenchen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Alberto Bozzo
Sitz: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis Muenchen
Registergericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632