Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

>>> On 25.09.12 at 13:56, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (XEN) Finishing wakeup from ACPI S3 state.
> (XEN) Enabling non-boot CPUs  ...
> (XEN) Booting processor 1/1 eip 8a000
> (XEN) Initializing CPU#1
> (XEN) CPU: L1 I cache: 32K, L1 D cache: 32K
> (XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 3072K
> (XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
> (XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 1
> (XEN) CMCI: CPU1 has no CMCI support
> (XEN) CPU1: Thermal monitoring enabled (TM2)
> (XEN) CPU1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8400  @ 2.26GHz stepping 06
> (XEN) microcode: CPU1 updated from revision 0x60c to 0x60f, date = 2010-09-29

Btw., I'm also puzzled by only seeing a ucode update message
here for CPU1 - I just went through the logic again and can't see
why this would not also be done for CPU0. Could you make the
pr_debug() in microcode_intel.c actually print something, so we
can see whether at least collect_cpu_info() would get called
for it, hopefully allowing to deduce what happens subsequently?

Jan