Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

>>> On 24.09.12 at 23:12, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's my "Big hammer" debugging patch.
>
> If I force the cpu to be scheduled on CPU0 when the appropriate cpu is not
> online, I can resume properly.
>
> Clearly this is not the proper solution, and I'm sure the fix is subtle.
> I'm not seeing it right now though. Perhaps tomorrow morning.
> If you have any ideas, I'm happy to run tests then.

I can't see how the printk() you add in the patch would ever get
reached with the other adjustment you do there. A debug build,
as Keir suggested, would not only get the stack trace right, but
would also result in the ASSERT() right after your first modification
to _csched_cpu_pick() to actually do something (and likely trigger).

Anyway, this might be connected to cpu_disable_scheduler() not
having a counterpart to restore the affinity it broke for pinned
domains (for non-pinned ones I believe this behavior is intentional,
albeit not ideal).

Jan