Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Adding the additional call in xen/arch/x86/acpi/cpu_idle.c causes an
>> instant reboot on resume.
>
> That addition can hardly be responsible for a reboot. Did you
> have "noreboot" (or "reboot=no") in place on the Xen command
> line? "sync_console"?
>
> And then again, for the other failure case, iirc it was the kernel
> that died, not the hypervisor, so the problem there isn't directly
> related to the problems here I would guess.

By the way, I still don't have a serial console ready. I should have
it soon, one-two weeks tops. In the meantime, although I have very
little time right now due to what I haven't  followed all the steps
Ben has taken, I'm willing to try anything you deem worth it.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>