Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

You still haven't said if you have the out-of-tree acpi-s3 patches from Konrad.
Without these patches applied to linux - this is a non-starter.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I haven't been able to see the actual patch, I only read a description
>> of what it should do. Two possible places where a wbinvd() call should
>> be added. On the first of these two places there were already calls to
>> wbinvd() just before the halts. I added it to the other one, within
>> xen/arch/x86/domain.c:default_idle and I could complete a
>> suspend/resume cycle without the back trace but after rebooting I
>> tried it again and it failed, more than once.
>
> default_idle() isn't the right place, default_dead_idle() is.
>
> See
> http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/staging/xen-unstable.hg/rev/c8d65d91a6f2

I'm sorry to say it doesn't fix it on my system, i.e., kernel 3.5.3
and xen 4.2.1-pre (the head from
git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git#stable-4.2)

It really was basically what I had tried yesterday, just with duplicated code.

Adding the wbinvd() only in xen/arch/x86/domain.c was how I was able
to suspend and resume once without the back trace.

Adding the additional call in xen/arch/x86/acpi/cpu_idle.c causes an
instant reboot on resume.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>