Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 08:03:11AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On 19.09.12 at 18:58, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Persistent grants
> >   owner: @citrix
> >   status: ?
>
> Isn't that a guest side only thing (i.e. not really to be tracked
> here)? Or does that mean migrating active grants?

I'd assume that the device would be renegotiated during migration, and
that new grants would be established during the re-connect sequence.

One question I have is how persistent grants intersect with
blktap3. Will a persistent grant-capable blktap3 implementation be in
scope for 4.3?

> > * Multi-page blk rings
> >  - blkback in kernel (konrad@oracle, ?@intel)
>
> This part certainly is a guest side only thing (apart from the
> interface definition living in the our tree).

Same question here regarding blktap3.

Matt