Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

>>> On 19.09.12 at 18:58, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> = Timeline =
>
> We are planning on a 9-month release cycle.  Based on that, below are
> our estimated dates:
> * Feature Freeze: 1 March, 2013
> * First RC: 15 April 2013
> * Release: 1 June 2013

While it's only slightly over two weeks - didn't we agree to count
from the release date (rather than the intended one)?

> * Persistent grants
>   owner: @citrix
>   status: ?

Isn't that a guest side only thing (i.e. not really to be tracked
here)? Or does that mean migrating active grants?

> * Multi-page blk rings
>  - blkback in kernel (konrad@oracle, ?@intel)

This part certainly is a guest side only thing (apart from the
interface definition living in the our tree).

>  - qemu blkback
>   status: ?
>
> * Multi-page net protocol
>   owner: ?
>   status: ?
>   expand the network ring protocol to allow multiple pages for
>   increased throughput

Same here.

> * Scalability: 16TiB of RAM
>   owner: jan@suse
>   status: ?

Not started.

> * Linux console improvements
>   owner: jan@suse
>   -EHCI debug port (done, to be submitted)

Committed.

>   -xHCI debug port

This one needs an owner having access to suitable hardware _and_
knowledge of the protocol since, other than for EHCI, there isn't
even a reference implementation (e.g. in Linux) to clone from. I'd
therefore rather consider this nice-to-have than a firm plan to have
such functionality.

>   -Firewire

Largely same here - while I'm not suffering from lack of hardware
(apart from - afaict - cables), I've never done anything with
Firewire, and hence would consider this one as well nice-to-have
only.

Jan