Re: [Xen-devel] [User Question] KVM and VirtualBox in Xen Dom0

Am 2012-09-20 09:36, schrieb Pasi KÃrkkÃinen:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 09:11:44AM +0200, Lukas Laukamp wrote:
Hello all,

I have a simple user question but it's very technical and related to
the Xen core. Does KVM and VirtualBox work in a Xen Dom0 with Xen
4.2? So I would like to create a VM Host for deploying VM templates
which are compatible to the most solutions and host systems and I
think that Xen, KVM/QEmu and VirtualBox are the best choice for
this.

Would be great when this is possible or could be implemented. Hope
that someone can give me an answer.

Nope, KVM or VirtualBox won't work in Xen dom0.

But you can use Xen Nested Hardware Virtualization and run
KVM/VirtualBox in Xen HVM guest.
This is a "tech preview" currently.

-- Pasi

Hello,

ok, this would be possible with Xen 4.2? And would it be possible to implement something that KVM and VirtualBox work in a Xen Dom0? Is this a task for the Xen development or something for the Linux kernel,, KVM or VirtualBox?

Best Regards