Re: [Xen-devel] PoD code killing domain before it really gets started

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > 2. Allocate the PoD cache before populating the p2m table
>
> Any reason not to do this?

The only reason I can think of is that it make it more fiddly if we
*didn't* want some entries to be PoD.  For example, if it is the case
that the first 2MiB shouldn't be PoD, we'd have to subtract 2MiB from
the target when doing the allocation.  Doing it afterwards means not
having to worry about it.

I can't think of any reason why the first 2MiB couldn't be PoD,
however; so I think this is probably the best route to take.

 -George