Re: [Xen-devel] PoD code killing domain before it really gets started

>>> On 06.08.12 at 15:57, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The domain indeed has 0x1e0 pages allocated, and a huge (still
> growing number) of PoD entries. And apparently this fails so
> rarely because it's pretty unlikely that there's not a single clear
> page that the PoD code can select as victim, plus the Dom0
> space code likely also only infrequently happens to kick in at
> the wrong time.

Just realized that of course it's also suspicious that there
shouldn't be any clear page among those 480 - Dom0 scrubs
its pages at balloons them out (but I think ballooning isn't even
in use there), Xen scrubs the free pages on boot, yet this
reportedly has happened also for the very first domain ever
created after boot. Or does the PoD code not touch the low
2Mb for some reason?

Jan