Re: [Xen-devel] NUMA TODO-list for xen-devel

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 12:38 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >> How about "dom0_mem=node<n> dom0_vcpus=node<n>" as
> >> an extension to the current options?
> >
> > Yes, that sounds like a good idea. And relatively easy to implement.
> > Maybe a list or a number of nodes (to make it more complicated ;-)
>
> Oh yes, of course I implied this flexibility. Just wanted to give
> an easy to read example.

Yep, I agree it sounds nice and should be not to hard. I'll update the
Wiki page.

I only have one question, should we try to take IONUMA into account here
as well? I mean, if it turns out that I/O hubs are connected to some
specific node(s), shouldn't we consider pinning/"affining" Dom0 to those
node(s), as it most likely will be responsible for some/most DomUs' I/O?

Thanks and Regards,
Dario

Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://retis.sssup.it/people/faggioli