Re: [Xen-devel] compiling error "xen-unstable.hg"

At 12:58 +0200 on 27 Jul (1343393923), Juergen Gross wrote:

> >>A judicious sprinkling of LANG=C  or LC_ALL=C etc?
> >
> >Yuriy, could you give this a try?

clang -v prints something like this:

Debian clang version 3.0-6 (tags/RELEASE_30/final) (based on LLVM 3.0)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

so unlike GCC you can't just take the last line of the output.  Grepping
for version was intended to get rid of the other chatter, but clearly
it's broken in the face of localized version strings.

We might do better to switch to '$(CC) --version | head -1', which seems
to provide something sensible on all the gcc and clang binaries I have
handy.

Tim.