Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4 serial hangs during boot

On 7/20/12 2:05 PM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
Alternatively, use `xl debug-keys`

Interesting. 'xl debug-keys h' got me ~1448 bytes onto the serial console, except it is old buffered output from exactly where it left off during boot. 1448 bytes is about the size of 'h' output from another working box. The same thing happened with 'm'. Xen is flushing an equal amount of characters from the buffer as generated by debug-key command output.

I can continue to poke the buffer until I see output from things I've issued, however it still refuses to respond to serial input (control-aaa) nor can I get dom0 to echo chars. It's currently running a * dump which has been going now for over an hour, currently on vcpu 435628. I won't be doing that again.

Any lightblubs going off?

-Chris