[Xen-devel] maximum memory size allocated by _xmalloc

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chulmin Kim" <cmkim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:13:27 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:14:17 +0000

Hi all,

I'm currently inserting my own code to adjust the several existing memory
ballooning works.

To accomplish it, I manage some kind of statistics in Xen memory area.

Using _xmalloc, I've allocated certain size of memory chunk for the data
structure. ( I varied it from 10kb to 24 MB.)

When the size is equal to 24 MB, xen won't boot anymore.  (stuck during the
xmalloc, according to my debugging. _xmalloc returns NULL.)
There was no problem when the size is below 12MB.

Is there any limitation such as max memory size for _xmalloc?

I suspected xen heap size, but, it is no longer adjustable. Right?

I hope somebody can give me a clue.  Thanks.