Re: [Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: status update...

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 02:17 +0100, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just a quick status update. I refreshed my trees and then debugged as
> the code had changed a lot. I'm again few weeks behind from the latest
> tree on both linux and xen. After the refresh, I ran into few issues:
>
>    - xenstored is using gnttab interface that will not work for hybrid
>      For now I just disabled it.

OOI what's the conflict?

>    - libxl has changed a lot, so for now, I'm only supporting
>           disk = ['phy:/dev/loop1,xvda,w']

I'd have thought disk backend would be unrelated to hybrid, other than
any backend which uses gnttab I guess (hrm, maybe that's all except for
blkback.).

[...]
> Once I finish the changes for hyb_vcpu union, I should be able to get
> things working again. Then I'll refresh the linux tree, keeping xen the
> same, and test it all out and submit linux patch. After that I'll
> refresh xen tree and keeping same linux, test it out, and submit patch.

We'd probably want to have both patches reviewed before accepting
either, wouldn't we? We don't want to commit to an interface on one side
before reviewing the other. (I'm not sure if you mean "submit" as in
"RFC" or as in "please commit this").

That needed necessarily mean they come through simultaneously though,
although review of one might be limited without the other.