Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

> I have not investigated yet as I am just wrapping up a more important
> issue, but the issue was a constant console spam saying no handler for
> vector 0xe5, which was causing the server to run like treacle.  The
> issue started occurring shortly after I backported c/s 25336 to
> XenServer, which is why I suspect it as the culprit.  Having said that,
> the patch appears to work fine on every other server we have, so I
> suspect its some motherboard quirk; it is a slightly old AMD box we
> have, and is 100% reproducible.  I am hoping to have time to start
> looking at the problem this afternoon.

After some investigation, it appears that the server in question is not
old (as the bug report I received said).  It appears to be a fairly-new
evaluation dual socket AMD box, with a beta-looking BIOS, which can't
reliably boot Xen 3.4 or Xen 4.1 (with or without the changeset), can't
reliably reboot via ACPI, and cant reliably turn back on after you cut
its power.

As such, I would say that the server is rather more suspect than Xen
4.2, so this IRQ issue should probably not be considered a blocker.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com