Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

On 20/06/12 14:07, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> On 20/06/12 12:29, Ian Campbell wrote:
>>> hypervisor, blockers:
>>>
>>>     * None
>> Not certain if this is a blocker or nice-to-have, but we have identified
>> a regression with Xen's ability to boot, suppectedly due to c/s
>> 25336:edd7c7ad1ad2 "x86: adjust handling of interrupts coming in via
>> legacy vectors" on AMD hardware with an MP-BIOS bug claiming that the
>> PIT is not connected through the IO-APIC.  Fixing this is next on my
>> todo list, and I hope to have a solution available by the end of the week.
> Sure this (being a regression) is a blocker. Care to share any
> details, e.g. a hypervisor logs with "apic_verbosity=debug" without
> and with that c/s?
>
> Jan

I have not investigated yet as I am just wrapping up a more important
issue, but the issue was a constant console spam saying no handler for
vector 0xe5, which was causing the server to run like treacle.  The
issue started occurring shortly after I backported c/s 25336 to
XenServer, which is why I suspect it as the culprit.  Having said that,
the patch appears to work fine on every other server we have, so I
suspect its some motherboard quirk; it is a slightly old AMD box we
have, and is 100% reproducible.  I am hoping to have time to start
looking at the problem this afternoon.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com