Re: [Xen-devel] Test result of xen-unstable changeset 25249

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 11:26 +0100, Fantu wrote:
> Dom0:
> Wheezy 64 bit with kernel from package linux-image-3.2.0-2-amd64 version
> 3.2.15-1, package blktap-dkms and all dependency packages for xen, spice and
> usb redirection.
> -------------------------
> /etc/modules
> ------------
> loop max_loop=64
> xenfs
> xen-evtchn
> blktap
> -------------------------
> hg clone http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-unstable.hg (in this build changeset is
> 25249:a4e7fce6ee2b)
> vi Makefile # removed dist-kernel to not compile kernel

xen-unstable.hg hasn't (or shouldn't have been) building a kernel for a
long time -- are you really seeing it do so?

> -------------------------
> Added some patches:
> - autoconf: add variable for pass arbitrary options to qemu upstream v3
> - tools: Improve make deb
> -------------------------
> ./configure --enable-qemuu-spice --enable-qemuu-usbredir
> --enable-qemuu-debug
> -------------------------
> make deb
>
> -------------------------
> Recent regression:
> -------------
> - CRITICAL - PV domU unable to start, freeze on config parsing, with this
> output and nothing else:
> xl create /etc/xen/lucid.cfg
> Parsing config file /etc/xen/lucid.cfg

Can you run with "xl -vvv create"?

What is in lucid.cfg?

> - On hvm domU start, domU work also this output on xl create:
> libxl: error: libxl.c:3115:libxl_sched_credit_domain_set: Cpu weight out of
> range, valid values are within range from 1 to 65535

This is no doubt an issue with 25244:e428eae1838c (CCing author). I
suspect the problem is that you are not setting any scheduler options
but it is unconditionally setting them. I think what it really should be
doing, is reading the current settings, updating those which the user
has specified and writing them back. I'm not sure how best to achieve
that in the libxl api though (CCing some scheduler folks)