Re: [Xen-devel] 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

Hello Ian,

> Plan for a 4.2 release:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00793.html

> The time line is as follows:

> 19 March        -- TODO list locked down
> 2 April         -- Feature Freeze
>                                                 << WE ARE HERE
> Mid/Late April  -- First release candidate      << SEE BELOW
> Weekly          -- RCN+1 until it is ready

> My initial guesstimate for starting RCs appears to have been somewhat
> optimistic. I think we need to have reduced at least the blockers lists
> rather significantly before we start thinking of doing RCs.

Is there any list/overview as to the state of feature parity between xm/xend
and xl/libxl ?
(both in the sense of commands to xl, as of parsing and building a domain from
the options specified in a domain .cfg)

This week i noticed that someone else noticed that cpu_weight & co .cfg options
where missing support and provided patches, but these seem like pretty basic
config options.
This raises the question if there are more pretty basic options still missing
and in what way will they be handled during the RC's ?
(since there is a good chance more will pop up when more users start testing)

Are patches for not to exotic and/or invasive options still acceptable ?
Or will they have to wait for a 4.2.1 which could follow up pretty short then ?

(probably hard to give a hard rule of thumb, but perhaps something to do a
little thinking about what could happen)

--
Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx