Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with xen 4.2

Fantu wrote

> Stefano Stabellini-3 wrote
>>
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Fantu wrote:
>>> Fantu wrote

>>> the
>>> qemu
>>> upstream
>>> version
>>> spice
>>> - my
>>> ram/videoram

>>> problem

>>> start,
>>> log:

>>> usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev1,id=usbredirdev1,bus=ehci.0,debug=3",
>>> >>
>>> usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev2,id=usbredirdev2,bus=ehci.0,debug=3",
>>> >>
>>> usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev3,id=usbredirdev3,bus=ehci.0,debug=3"]

>>> quote).

>>> Also Windows 7 is working with qemu upstream, with patches and
>>> workaround
>>> applied probably, for details see the first post.
>>
>> Thank you very much for testing!
>> Would you be up for writing a wiki.xen.org page about how to use SPICE
>> with Xen?

> Thanks for reply.
> About Spice I can't do advanced use and test without before solve videoram
> limit to 4 MB problem :(
> Can you help about please?
> QXL vga can be used also without Spice and could be very useful in solving
> the problem of current graphic performances.

If on xl create "xc: info: VIRTUAL MEMORY ARRANGEMENT:" TOTAL include
videoram I probably found the problem.
With the same domU configuration, without videoram:
xc: info: VIRTUAL MEMORY ARRANGEMENT:
  Loader:        0000000000100000->000000000019dc88
  TOTAL:         0000000000000000->000000003f800000
  ENTRY ADDRESS: 0000000000100000
xc: info: PHYSICAL MEMORY ALLOCATION:
  4KB PAGES: 0x0000000000000200
  2MB PAGES: 0x00000000000001fb
  1GB PAGES: 0x0000000000000000
With videoram=128:
xc: info: VIRTUAL MEMORY ARRANGEMENT:
  Loader:        0000000000100000->000000000019dc88
  TOTAL:         0000000000000000->0000000038000000
  ENTRY ADDRESS: 0000000000100000
xc: info: PHYSICAL MEMORY ALLOCATION:
  4KB PAGES: 0x0000000000000200
  2MB PAGES: 0x00000000000001bf
  1GB PAGES: 0x0000000000000000

There is something wrong on hvmloader?
I hope that this information is helpful in solving the problem, if you need
more information ask.