Re: [Xen-devel] Submitting a patch for 4.0.1?

Steve Johnston writes ("[Xen-devel] Submitting a patch for 4.0.1?"):
> I have been using Xen 4.0.1 and have created/added a new scheduler that
> I would like to release into the mainline.
>
> Am I able to submit a patch for an older version of Xen or do I need to
> port my changes to the current devel project?

New features of this kind will only be accepted into the mainline
development series.

However, it would be worthwhile posting your patches as they are,
against xen-4.0, so that we can see whether we are likely to accept
them.  That might save you some wasted effort if it turns out that
your new code is too hard to get into shape or unsuitable in some way.

Thanks,