Re: [Xen-devel] Signed GPLPV drivers available for download

On 28/03/2012 14:08, Fantu wrote:
Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote
On 26/03/2012 19:57, Fantu wrote:
Moritz MÃhlenhoff wrote
Hi,
for inclusion in Univention Corporate Server - a Linux distribution
based
on
Debian targeted towards enterprise environments, which also includes Xen
for
virtualisation - we're now building/signing the excellent GPLPV drivers
written by James Harper with a Software Publishers Certificate obtained
from
GlobalSign. [1]

This allows installation of the GPLPV drivers on 64 bit Windows without
the
need to enable the test mode.

The drivers are available from
http://apt.univention.de/download/addons/gplpv-
drivers/ and should be compatible with any Xen installation.

The installation is detailed in
http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Installing-signed-GPLPV-drivers

So far only new installation of the GPLPV drivers have been tested. We
welcome
general feedback and experiences with upgrades from test-signed versions
of
GPLPV.

Cheers,
Moritz

Footnotes:
[1] We're well aware of the recent claims of a potential compromise of
that
CA, but as of today this is still under investigation:
http://www.globalsign.com/company/press/090611-security-response.html
--
Moritz MÃhlenhoff                         muehlenhoff@
Open Source Software Engineer and Consultant

A new build version (357)  of GPLPV is available, do you plan to sign
that
too?
Thanks for any reply.

Don't have any Xen GPLPV drivers for Windows 8 Consumer Preview and
Windows 7?

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

For windows 7 there are already, the "vista" build, I tested and know
working build version 238 and 308 on windows 7 pro 64 bit mainly systems on
dom0 Squeeze with kernel pvops and xen 4.0.x.
The only problem found for now is shutdown monitor service not installed on
some cause unknown.
About windows 8 not tested for now.
Sorry for bad english.

Dear Fantu,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will be waiting for Xen GPLPV drivers for Windows 8.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore