Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 12:13 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >      * More formally deprecate xm/xend. Manpage patches already in
> >        tree. Needs release noting and communication around -rc1 to
> >        remind people to test xl.
>
> Nonetheless, we should still make basic functionality of xm a
> requirement for this release, right?

Right, deprecated != known broken.

>   I've just created a VM with a
> config file that worked in xl, and it complains that the hotplug
> scripts are not working, for example.  Does that go in this todo list,
> or are we keeping track of bugs somewhere else?

I've not been tracking bugs as such here, I suppose I could. I'd be
inclined to wait until we get a bit further along the process (e.g. past
feature freeze) before starting to keep a close eye on the bugs. Of
course I would be more than happy (indeed, very appreciative) if someone
wanted to independently take on that task.

However xend is still tested by the automated test and appears to be
passing -- are you sure you have a bug and not a configuration issue?