Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-os fbfront.c unused variable complaint

Ian,

There is also an unused variable warning in xenbus/xenbus.c. I think the
compiler should not be warning about this, as the reasonable definition of the
local DEBUG macro is the cause? Anyways, here is an ugly fix that shows where
the problem is raised. I tried the old trick of defining the variables as
volatile, but the new gcc won't let it go by. It won't hurt my feelings if you
don't use this patch.

Sincerely,

John

On Feb 9, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 16:08 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Keir Fraser writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-os fbfront.c unused variable
>> complaint"):
>>> We should be disablign this warning in Config.mk, where we add
>>> -Wno-unused-but-set-variable to CFLAGS. Perhaps mini-os needs to do the
>>> same, if it is creating its own CFLAGS? Note that we add it in Config.mk via
>>> $(call cc-option-add ...) because older gcc versions do not have this
>>> warning.
>>
>> Personally in this case I like the new warning.  Shall we at least
>> wait with disabling it until we get an actual false positive ?
>
> Yes, lets.
>
> Ian

----
What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott                  building 12
Code 5542                       john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Naval Research Laboratory       voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US        fax:   +1 202.404.7942