Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-os fbfront.c unused variable complaint

On 08/02/2012 14:15, "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 19:05 +0000, John McDermott CIV wrote:
>> Xen Developers,
>>
>> FWIW, in trying to compile mini-os on Xen 4.1.2, I get a variable set
>> but not used warning for variable 'message' in function init_kbdfront.
>> (Looks like another one just like it, in function init_fbfront, from
>> the same file.) My source won't compile with these warnings. I could
>> not find a patch for this in xen-4.1-testing.hg Xenbits.
>
> This new, enabled by default, compiler warning is very annoying, even
> though it happens to be correct. Which distro has done it? (or maybe
> it's just new enough gcc which is to blame).

We should be disablign this warning in Config.mk, where we add
-Wno-unused-but-set-variable to CFLAGS. Perhaps mini-os needs to do the
same, if it is creating its own CFLAGS? Note that we add it in Config.mk via
$(call cc-option-add ...) because older gcc versions do not have this
warning.

 -- Keir