Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] VGA passthough still not working

I propose to begin drafting a joint manual. Training system for forwarding to be divided into two stages: - Set the system up to the moment when the device can not be forwarding (xm pci-list-assignable-devices is empty) - Set up DomU vga_passthru = 1 after xm pci-list-assignable-devices gives a list of devices
Example:
# Xm pci-list-assignable-devices
0000:03:00.0
0000:00:14.0
0000:00:14.5

SR> I agree, a manual would be great.

SR> It would make newcomers, like myself, a little bit more comfortable
SR> with Xen.

SR> I think that the first step would be that everyone who has had success
SR> with VGA passthru should add their hardware setup and xen/kernel
SR> versions to the http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_VGA_Passthrough_Tested_Adapters wiki
SR> page, or perhaps we start a new page in the wiki with information on
SR> how to use particular graphics cards (i.e. how to patch xen to get them
SR> working), and this page can list success stories.

SR> Regards

SR> Sandi

SR> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Likarpenkov Alexander
SR> <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

??>> Please make a manual
??>> or let's together make
??>>
??>> Ð ÐÑÑÐÐÑÑ, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÑÐÐÐ ÑÐÐÐÑÑ 2012 ÐÐÐÐ, Ð 18:49:20 ÐÑ ÐÐÑÐÐÐ:
??>>
SR>>> Pasi,
??>>
SR>>> I have that enabled in my BIOS, VT-d for the chipset and VT-x for the
SR>>> CPU.
??>>
SR>>> Have you managed to pass your gpu through to the domU?
??>>
SR>>> Regards
??>>
SR>>> Sandi