Re: [Xen-devel] VGA passthough still not working

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 05:49:20PM +0100, Sandi Romih wrote:
>    Pasi,
>
>    I have that enabled in my BIOS, VT-d for the chipset and VT-x for the CPU.

Ok. And Xen enables IOMMU? Did you verify from Xen's dmesg ?

http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems.html#head-2f76ed2d3c282003418d37fbbcda510cac266f89

>    Have you managed to pass your gpu through to the domU?

No, I haven't tried that yet. I've been planning to, but I haven't had time for
it yet.

There are many people who are using Xen VGA passthru with Intel, AMD/ATI and
Nvidia graphics cards.
Currently it needs a lot of understanding and some custom patching, but you can
make it work.

There are even businesses using Xen VGA passthru in production :)

-- Pasi