Re: [Xen-devel] Linux Container and Tapdev

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 12:17:23PM +0800, MaoXiaoyun wrote:

> Hi:
>
>       Recently I have some study on linux container(lxc), which is a light
> weight OS level
> virtualization.
>
>      With the previous knowledge of tapdisk, I have an assumption that, I may
> could
> use the vhd for each container to seperate the storage of all containers, or
> even in
> later days, vhd is stored in distributed storage, container could be migrated.
>
>       Build filesystem on tapdev and mount it under some directory, put the
> rootfs of

How would you "mount" a tapdev filesystem?

But more interestingly, how would you migrate your tap disk? Is it on NFS or
OCFS2
or iSCSI? If so, why not just expand the filesystem on an iSCSI disk and mount
it
on other machines and "migrate it".

> container into that dir, and start the lxc, I haven't try this, will try
> later.

I am not really sure how one would freeze and migrate the processes? Does the
cgroups have that functionality?