[Xen-devel] Linux Container and Tapdev

  • To: xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: MaoXiaoyun <tinnycloud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:17:23 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 04:18:03 +0000

Hi:

      Recently I have some study on linux container(lxc), which is a light weight OS level
virtualization.

     With the previous knowledge of tapdisk, I have an assumption that, I may could
use the vhd for each container to seperate the storage of all containers, or even in
later days, vhd is stored in distributed storage, container could be migrated.

      Build filesystem on tapdev and mount it under some directory, put the rootfs of
container into that dir, and start the lxc, I haven't try this, will try later.

     I post my idea here, hope someone has one forsee comments.

     Thanks.