Re: [Xen-devel] Need help with fixing the Xen waitqueue feature

  • To: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:54:44 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:55:37 +0000

On 22/11/2011 15:40, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a new theory, which is that if we go round the for-loop in
> wait_event() more than once, the vcpu's pause counter gets messed up and
> goes negative, condemning it to sleep forever.

Further to this, can you please try moving the call to __prepare_to_wait()
from just after the spinlock region to just before (i.e., immediately after
the ASSERT), in prepare_to_wait(). That could well makes things work better.
On UP at least -- for SMP systems I will also need to fix the broken usage
of wqv->esp...

 -- Keir