[Xen-devel] Re: Need help with fixing the Xen waitqueue feature

On Tue, Nov 08, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:

> Olaf,
> are waitqueue's on the mem-event ring meant to be the way to deal with
> ring exhaustion? i.e. is this meant to go beyond a testing vehicle for
> waitqueue's?

Putting the guest to sleep when the ring is full is at least required
for p2m_mem_paging_drop_page(), so that the page gets informed about all
gfns from decrease_reservation.

> With the pager itself generating events, and foreign mappings generating
> events, you'll end up putting dom0 vcpu's in a waitqueue. This will
> basically deadlock the host.

Those vcpus can not go to sleep and my change handles that case.

Olaf