[Xen-devel] Re: computer stalls instead of reboot

Am 09.09.2011 15:31, schrieb Heiko Wundram:
> Am 09.09.2011 14:55, schrieb Sven KÃhler:
>> <snip>
>
> Without knowing much of the previous discussion: is this related to
> Hetzner-servers (from seeing the mainboard type, I can only guess that
> it's a machine from the "new" Hetzner-series)?

Yes it is a Hetzner machine!

> If that's the case, use: "acpi=off" on the Dom0-kernel commandline (I
> use a Gentoo-adapted xen-sources-2.6.38 [rebased SuSE-Dom0-kernel]),
> that should solve the reboot problems. IIRC somewhere on the
> Hetzner-site they mention this, too. No reboot hangs/problems for me
> after that.

I will try acpi=off as soon as possible.

I wonder, what the disadvantage are.
The hypervisor will still regulate CPU frequency, will it not?

Also, is the dom0 kernel doing something that it shouldn't do?
(maybe something that collides with the ACPI-related activities of the
hypervisor, if there are any?)

Regards,
  Sven