[Xen-devel] Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

> Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 01:07:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: komkon555 <komkon555@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Re : Re : Re : [Xen-devel] Re: Patches for
>        VGA-Passthrough XEN     4.2 unstable
> To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Weidong Han wrote:
> >
> > Guest needs VGA BIOS to initialize assigned graphics card in guest.
> > qemu-dm only know how to copy video BIOS of primary graphics card which
> > locates at 0xC0000, but don't know where are video BIOS of other
> > graphics cards. if want to pass-through more than one graphics cards,
> > must know how to get and load VGA BIOS to guest for other graphics
> > cards. One method is to use tools such as NiBiTor to extract VGA BIOS
> > from graphics card to a file, then load it to guest.
> >
> > Weidong
> >

> Hallo. What about ATI/AMD cards: are they in the same situation?  Is it
> possible for today to pass through multiple ATI/AMD devices?
> Thank you.

Personally I'm having positive experiences with AMD cards. Currently
running two ATI 6870s in a 64-bit Windows 7 DomU. Best thing is,
they're working alright without any patches on xen-unstable. However,
similar to what you have experienced, DomU cannot be restarted in this
configuration. It can be fixed, but I haven't got the time to get down
to it.

Regarding your problem with passing through the USB controller, have
you tried it without the VGA passthrough patches? IMO it may not be
related to the passthrough patches.