Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xl vs. xm, possible bug in xl

Am 09.09.2011 13:27, schrieb Stefano Stabellini:
>> Any clue, that the second problem is about?
>>> # xl create /etc/xen/xen-sk1
>>> Parsing config file /etc/xen/xen-sk1
>>> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:476:libxl__wait_for_device_model Device Model
>>> not ready
>>> xl: fatal error: libxl_create.c:535, rc=-1:
>>> libxl__confirm_device_model_startup
>
> That means that qemu failed to start. Could you please cat
> /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-domainname.log?

There is no such file (my domain config lacks a name="something" line).
However qemu-dm-test.log does exist and is of recent date, and it says
that qemu cannot be started. This is very plausible, since qemu is not
even installed. This machine is supposed to start paravirt guests only.
And xen has been compiled without support for hvm guests. (Not sure
right now, what the gentoo people do to disable support support for hvm
guests).

Does my config file for the domain (see one of my previous emails in
this thread) indicate, that the machine is a hvm domain? How can I tell
xl that this a paravirt domain, and qemu is not needed and should not be
used?

(As previously mentioned, xm works just fine with the very same domain
config file)

Regards,
  Sven