[Xen-devel] Where can I get a balloon driver to test PoD

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:29:02 +0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:31:30 -0700

I want to try PoD to test some code. After setting different value to maxmem
and memory config option, I can see PoD cache count in the domain dump debug
output.
However, I can't find a balloon driver to do more testing. I don't want to use
2.6.18 kernel because it is really a bit of legacy now. In pvops dom0's
stable-2.6.32-x branch, I noticed driver/xen/balloon.c only support PV xen
domain as followed code stated. Simply remove the check cause guest panic.

Does anyone know where I can get a working balloon driver for PV-on-HVM guest?
Does any branch in pvops dom0 support this? And, George, can you share me some
experience that how did you test your PoD patch?

Thanks
--jyh

static int __init balloon_init(void)
{