Re: [Xen-devel] Guest serial console hangs

Ian Jackson wrote:
Andre Przywara writes ("[Xen-devel] Guest serial console hangs"):
for some weeks now I experience strange hangs in the HVM guest's serial console.

What is the guest kernel ?  There were bugs in Linux's serial port
driver which had these symptoms.
Good hint! That cured the problem. It was an older kernel (from ttylinux, serial console support added). I tried 2.6.36-rc3 and it worked like a charm! Thanks!

Just out of curiosity: Can you give me a hint when or where these bugs were fixed?

Regards,
Andre.

--
Andre Przywara
AMD-Operating System Research Center (OSRC), Dresden, Germany