[Xen-devel] Guest serial console hangs

Hi,

for some weeks now I experience strange hangs in the HVM guest's serial console. I use serial="pty" or serial="file:foo" to redirect an HVM Linux guest's output (with console=ttyS0,115200n8 on the guest kernel cmdline). This usually works, but about half of the time the output (and it seems the guest, too) stops somewhere. I can continue guest operation by pressing a key in the guest's console (of course not in the file: case). Beside that it looks like it is one key behind, so to see the result of an ls for instance I have to press Enter twice.
Has anyone an idea what could cause it or how to debug this?

Thanks,
Andre.

P.S. I am using a (fairly) recent -unstable HV (about two weeks old), latest unstable xl tool set and a 2.6.32.19-pvops Dom0 kernel.

--
Andre Przywara
AMD-Operating System Research Center (OSRC), Dresden, Germany