Re: [Xen-devel] XCP: python SR plugin questions

hi,

>>> You can use the 'location' field in the VDI to contain your 32 bit id -
>>> then the uuid is irrelevant. I'd like to move more of the storage backends
>>> in this direction - currently I believe only the ISO SR does it this way.
>>
>> ok.  in that case, xapi generates random uuids for me, right?
>>

> Actually the backends are responsible for creating the uuid.

then, what is vdi_create's uuid argument for?
(my current plugin code simply ignores the argument and
return generated uuid via vdi_info.  is it ok?)

our product itself doesn't provide uuids at all.  so someone should
generate ones so that xapi can use them.
i plan to make my sr plugin generate name-based uuid from our product's
32-bit id.  does it sound ok for you?

i'm not sure how your suggestion to use vdi location is related to
the uuid issue.  can you please elaborate a bit?

YAMAMOTO Takashi