Re: [Xen-devel] HVM support to be removed from Debian Squeeze: call for volunteers

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > Yes, there is.
> > As a matter of fact we package qemu-xen in its own rpm on XCP, called
> > xen-device-model.
> > The qemu-xen XCP tree is available as a patchqueue against CS
> > 284d056851f7 of qemu-xen-unstable.hg here:
> >
> > http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/qemu-xen-3.4.pq.hg
> >
> > you might be interested in the spec file: mk/xen-device-model.spec.in.
> >
> > However I don't suggest using the qemu-xen XCP tree because the last few
> > patches in the patchqueue require changes in the toolstack or other
> > patches in the xen tree available on XCP but not available on plain
> > unpatched systems.
>
> Our target should be Xen 3.4 in Debian, ATM. If you don't suggest to use
> the qemu from XCP, which one should I use?

you should be using this one:

http://xenbits.xensource.com/git-http/qemu-xen-3.4-testing.git

> Do you think we should call the Debian package xen-device-model as well
> (and not xen-hvm-support as I suggested...)?

After reading Bastian's email, I think xen-qemu-dm is probably the right
name for it.

BTW what package is going to provide ioemu-stubdom.gz?
Is it going to be provided by the main xen package or is it going to be
provided by a different one (xen-stubdom-dm maybe)?