Re: [Xen-devel] HVM support to be removed from Debian Squeeze: call for volunteers

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >> Thomas Goirand writes ("[Xen-devel] HVM support to be removed from Debian
> >> Squeeze: call for volunteers"):
> >> Hello.  Yes, I volunteer (with my day job hat on).  I've done security
> >> patching before in other contexts.
> >>

> > I can provide help as well (I maintain the XenServer qemu-dm tree that
> > is publicly available as part of the XCP project).
>
> Is there a way to have the qemu-dm source tarball packaged separated
> from anything else, so we can have something to work with? What source
> should I fetch?

Yes, there is.
As a matter of fact we package qemu-xen in its own rpm on XCP, called
xen-device-model.
The qemu-xen XCP tree is available as a patchqueue against CS
284d056851f7 of qemu-xen-unstable.hg here:

http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/qemu-xen-3.4.pq.hg

you might be interested in the spec file: mk/xen-device-model.spec.in.

However I don't suggest using the qemu-xen XCP tree because the last few
patches in the patchqueue require changes in the toolstack or other
patches in the xen tree available on XCP but not available on plain
unpatched systems.