Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Coding style and standardisation

  • To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:24:36 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 02:22:48 -0700

On 4/6/07 06:03, "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Attached is a little extra documentation - my quick stab at summing up the Xen
> coding style.  I think the main points of difference from the Linux coding
> style are summarised here, but if anybody has anything else they think should
> be included (or anything they disagree with in my summary) it would be handy
> to know.

White space: only put spaces inside outermost brackets of if/while/for. For
example, "if ( (wibble & wombat) == 42 )".

Comments:
    /*
     * Multi-line comments are formatted like this.
     * No trailing white space, even at the end of the first line.
     */

Top-of-file comments: see e.g., common/page_alloc.c for preferred style.

Emacs style: it's okay to put an Emacs style block at the end of files,
e.g., as in common/page_alloc.c.

 -- Keir