Re: [Xen-devel] Xen & Transmeta (from xen-users)

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Keir Fraser wrote:

> > This appears to really throw everything else (the remaining ACPI stuff)
> > off, as other ACPI properties aren't located/read/understood. This
> > confusion results in a page fault originating from
> > xen/drivers/acpi/tables.c#acpi_table_get_sdt ..
>
> It's not been thrown off -- the fault is probably due to a table not
> being properly dynamically mapped, or something like that. Look
> carefully where the pointer you are dereferencing originated from.

{\NEWBIE ALERT}

First, how do I  get any more information other than 'Unknown Interrupt'?
(I did this once, but have since forgotten how I got that to work..)

And secondly, how do I make a pointer mean anything to me so I know where
to start looking?

Thanks for your help and understanding..

Carl

- --

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those that don't."