Re: [Xen-devel] Re: unregister_netdevice: Waiting for vif7.0 to become free

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:58:15PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 23 May 2005, at 21:48, Paul Wagland wrote:
>
> >>Anyway, whenever I shutdown my 7th domU (the one with id=7) then I get
> >>the following error:
> >>
> >>Message from syslogd@kruimel at Mon May 23 19:20:35 2005 ...
> >>kruimel kernel: unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif7.0 to become
> >>free. Usage count = 1
> >
> >Just so that everyone knows, and that this answer might be searchable
> >in the archives...
> >
> >I have (I think) found a solution. Do not bind xen-br0 to tap1.
> >
> >I have now just created a "naked" xen-br0, that is, one that is not
> >attached to any other interface, and it now appears to be OK. Whereas
> >before it would die whenever I shut down the last domU, now it appears
> >to be running smoothly.
> >
> >Thanks to knewt for the help!
>
> That's a very weird bug. Did it occur only when you dropped vif7.0, or
> did it occur for whichever vif you happened to drop last?

On the the first point we agree ;-)

It seemed to happen whenever I shut down my last started vif. I.e.
normally it happens on vif7.0, as I have seven xens, however when I was
running with only six xens, then it started happening on vif6.0.

Odd eh?

Cheers,
Paul