Re: [Xen-devel] Re: unregister_netdevice: Waiting for vif7.0 to become free

On 23 May 2005, at 21:48, Paul Wagland wrote:

Anyway, whenever I shutdown my 7th domU (the one with id=7) then I get
the following error:

Message from syslogd@kruimel at Mon May 23 19:20:35 2005 ...
kruimel kernel: unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif7.0 to become free. Usage count = 1

Just so that everyone knows, and that this answer might be searchable in the archives...

I have (I think) found a solution. Do not bind xen-br0 to tap1.

I have now just created a "naked" xen-br0, that is, one that is not attached to any other interface, and it now appears to be OK. Whereas before it would die whenever I shut down the last domU, now it appears to be running smoothly.

Thanks to knewt for the help!

That's a very weird bug. Did it occur only when you dropped vif7.0, or did it occur for whichever vif you happened to drop last?

 -- Keir